Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Warn My people"


Date: September 2004

It was evening and I had my friends over at the house, we were all hanging out in the living room. I went into my room for a moment just to pray and see what's up with my Best Friend Jesus. As I did, I suddenly was caught into a trance and I saw an orange sky with huge boulders falling from it, people were running away from the boulders and screaming hysterically. Then the audible voice of God said, "Warn My people of the danger to come." The vision ended after that and I came out of the trance.
I'm no "doom and gloom" "cowboy" prophet. I think people who say every disaster is God's judgment need to take a New Testament 101 class in the school of the Spirit. I'm really not into all the negative prophecies and "prophets" who think that just because they have an anti-social disorder that makes them "God's chosen mouthpiece"... I'm over all of that. I found God and He wasn't there.
So don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not proclaiming God's judgment upon mankind or anything like that. That's not me. And no, I don't necessarily believe that literal boulders will be falling out of the sky any time soon. Prophetic language is often symbolic, that means that things aren't always straightforward, but hidden kinda like the parables that Jesus would tell.
Orange is often a color that is symbolic of danger or warning. Rocks, well... They represent "hard" times... Maybe it will turn out to be literal, but God never said it was, and I'm not reading between any lines here...
I think the Spirit is saying that hard times are ahead, and that we need to prepare our hearts for them. God isn't necessarily sending these times, or if He is He never told me, but He wants to let us know ahead of time. God warned Joseph of a famine that would come to the land of Egypt, but it wasn't so that He could declare God's judgment on the land, but so that they could be prepared for the day when it came. I think we need more prophets like that, salvation prophets and not judgment prophets. That being said, difficult times will come, but take courage, Jesus has overcome the world and He lives in us! I believe He is calling us to be Joseph's who will co-create strategies that will get us through these dark times ahead.
We need to stop thinking that God's warnings are His judgments and start thinking that they are His way of escape.
A month or so after I received this vision a prophetess in my area had a word for me that said, "You will warn My people of the danger to come..."
So, I guess this is me being obedient, difficult times are coming, but don't blame them on God.
At least that's the way I see it...

1 comment:

  1. Luke 21:7-19

    7 “Teacher,” they asked, “when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to take place?” 8 He replied: “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them. 9 When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away.” 10 Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

    12 “But before all this, they will lay hands on you and persecute you. They will deliver you to synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name. 13 This will result in your being witnesses to them. 14 But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. 15 For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict. 16 You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death. 17 All men will hate you because of me. 18 But not a hair of your head will perish. 19 By standing firm you will gain life.

    ReplyDelete